SANTA CLARA, Calif., Nov. 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Today eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) (eHealth.com) launched a report delivering a snapshot of fees, developments, and beneficiary sentiments halfway by means of Medicare’s Once-a-year Enrollment Period (AEP) for 2022 coverage. The firm’s Medicare AEP Half-Time Report examines the protection possibilities Medicare beneficiaries are actively creating for them selves as they evaluate their protection selections for the coming 12 months.
eHealth’s report offers an analysis of premiums and prepare assortment developments among the Medicare beneficiaries shopping at eHealth concerning October 15 (the beginning of AEP) and November 8, 2021. It is paired with results from a recent survey of additional than 4,200 Medicare beneficiaries.
- Medicare Benefit and Component D plan rates continue being steady although Medicare Nutritional supplement fees enhance: eHealth info displays that rates for Medicare Benefit and stand-by yourself Aspect D options are pretty much unchanged from very last calendar year, when ordinary rates for Medicare Health supplement strategies have amplified by 8%.
- Medicare Benefit enrollees are drawn to $ premium plans: Though $ premium strategies account for close to 59% of all Medicare Edge options out there for 2022*, they account for 88% of Medicare Edge programs chosen at eHealth for the duration of the to start with fifty percent of the present-day Annual Enrollment Interval.
- Guidance for growing Medicare obtain has dropped in the past six months: 46% of Medicare beneficiaries say the program should really keep on being primarily for folks age 65 and older, in contrast to only 24% in April 19% of survey respondents say Medicare must be expanded to cover all People in america, compared to 28% in April.
- Across the political spectrum, Medicare beneficiaries want action on drug expenditures: Between Medicare beneficiaries, 93% of Democrats, 84% of Independents, and 73% of Republicans support government motion on drug fees.
Read the full report.
Results from eHealth’s report are based mostly on submitted programs for Medicare Edge ideas, stand-by yourself Medicare Section D prescription drug designs, and Medicare Dietary supplement designs been given by eHealth involving Oct 15 and November 8, 2021, with comparisons to knowledge earlier published by eHealth for approximately the very same time period in prior decades. Survey conclusions are centered on a voluntary study of 4,276 Medicare beneficiaries who had beforehand acquired a Medicare wellness insurance policy system by means of eHealth. The survey was conducted among October 12 and Oct 25, 2021.
No information and facts pertinent to eHealth’s economical general performance should be drawn from this report. Like other insurance brokers, eHealth is compensated on a preset per-member basis for Medicare Gain and Portion D programs, as controlled by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and on a share of quality foundation for most Medicare Dietary supplement strategies.
* In accordance to an investigation by the Kaiser Family Basis.
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) operates a leading health insurance policy market at eHealth.com and eHealthMedicare.com with engineering that provides individuals with health insurance coverage enrollment alternatives. Because 1997, we have connected far more than 8 million members with good quality, economical health coverage, Medicare options, and ancillary ideas. Our proprietary marketplace delivers Medicare Benefit, Medicare Complement, Medicare Part D prescription drug, personal, loved ones, smaller business enterprise and other programs from around 200 health insurance policy carriers throughout fifty states and the District of Columbia.
Media inquiries, make sure you call: [email protected]
Resource eHealth, Inc.